Customized Professional Development
Customized professional development is one way to support the teachers in your school or district. We have found that the schools with the most success in their implementation are the ones that have a sound multi-year implementation plan and provide substantial support for their teachers, administrators and parents over time. The support involves a variety of PD options.
Use our expertise to
- Develop a short and long-term plan that fits your school or district’s needs (e.g., PD, pacing schedule, integration of the Common Core)
- Provide professional development (face-to-face, online and/or blended) to develop and deepen teachers’ and district leaders’ and support staff’s math and pedagogical content knowledge
- Help teachers align their teaching practices to the eight Mathematical Practices outlined in the CCSS through focused observations, side-by-side teaching and model lessons
- Assist with “teacher moves” that engage students in constructive mathematical conversations and make students accountable as they work and discussions about their work.
- Help teachers observe and listen to students as they work to inform their teaching
- Assist teachers (ELL, Special Ed, RTI, etc.) to determine ways they can support math learning in the classroom
- Think about and plan ways to engage and involve parents in a supportive way – educating them about the math their children are learning, and having them support their children at home
We can work with you from the beginning, at the middle, or when retooling.
Talk to us about your goals and objectives. We will work with you to create a plan that meets your needs and budget. Call 617-873-9785 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.