Implementing Investigations 3
About This Course
This four-day workshop familiarizes participants with the content of Investigations 3.
- explore mathematics, with an emphasis on the development of sound number sense and a deep understanding of numerical relationships and arithmetic operations
- learn about 2-D and 3-D geometry, and relationships between geometry and number
- collect, organize, represent, and describe data
- prepare to implement Investigations 3 at a particular grade level
- assess students’ understanding by examining student work
- explore adaptations and extensions at all levels to reach all students
- address issues of communication with parents and the larger community
Who Should Attend
K-5 teachers, coaches, and other support staff implementing Investigations 3 for the first time will benefit from this workshop, as would people who have some experience with Investigations and want to learn more about the content of Investigations 3.
Tuition is $500 per participant. Register 10, pay for 9.
Participants receive a Certificate of Completion indicating the course clock hours (24) when they complete the workshop.
Participants can apply for 3 graduate credits through Framingham State University, for an additional fee of $225 paid to FSU. Information and applications are available from the workshop leader on the first day of the workshop.
Click here to register for this workshop.
Substitutions may be made up to the first day of the offering. Cancellations may be made 21 days prior to the first day of the offering, in writing, without penalty. Cancellations made less than 21 days prior to the first day of the offering will result in a $100 cancellation fee. Any participant who does not attend the offering and did not submit a written notice of cancellation forfeits the entire registration fee. TERC reserves the right to cancel an offering if enrollment is insufficient. In that event, a full refund of the registration will be made to the participant.
Contact Us to learn more, for information on hosting a workshop, or to have a conversation about which offering might be best given your particular situation/needs.