Math Practices Institute 2
About Institute 2
This two-day institute is designed to dig more deeply into the Mathematical Practices and the components of Investigations 3 that support them. Institute 1 is a prerequisite.
- review the eight Mathematical Practices in the Common Core and the key components of Investigations 3 that support them
- dig more deeply into: Math Practice 3, Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others; Math Practice 6, Attend to precision; Math Practice 7, Look for and make use of structure; Math Practice 8, Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning
- become familiar with the teacher supports in Investigations 3, including the Math Practice Essays, Math Practice Notes, assessments for the Math Practices
- do mathematics together to explore Math Practices 3, 6, 7, and 8
- investigate print and video examples of students engaged in Math Practices 3, 6, 7, and 8 as they work on Investigations activities
Who Should Attend
Math coaches and teachers implementing Investigations 3 who want to learn about support for the Math Practices.
- Tuition for the 1–day Institute 1 is $200.
- Tuition for the 1-day Institute 1, plus the 2-day Institute 2 is $450.
Note: Participants who register for only Institute 1, and later decide to register for Institute 2 pay $200 plus $300, for a total of $500 (instead of $450). Register 9, 10th person goes free.
Participants receive a Certificate of Completion indicating the course clock hours (6 or 18) when they complete the Institute.
- 1-day Institute 1: 6 hours
- 1-day Institute 1, plus 2-day Institute 2: 18 hours
Graduate credit is not available for this Institute at this time.
Click here to register for this Institute.
Substitutions may be made up to the first day of the offering. Cancellations may be made 21 days prior to the first day of the offering, in writing, without penalty. Cancellations made less than 21 days prior to the first day of the offering will result in a $100 cancellation fee. Any participant who does not attend the offering and did not submit a written notice of cancellation forfeits the entire registration fee. TERC reserves the right to cancel an offering if enrollment is insufficient. In that event, a full refund of the registration will be made to the participant.
Contact Us to learn more, for information on hosting an Institute, or to have a conversation about which offering might be best given your particular situation/needs.