Implementing Investigations 3 Online
About This Course
This seven-week online course supports participants with the content and pedagogy of Investigations 3 and using it to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- see and experience the alignment of Investigations 3 with the Common Core
- explore mathematics with an emphasis on the development of sound number sense and a deep understanding of numerical relationships and arithmetic operations
- learn about 2-D geometry and measurement and its relationship to number
- work on the ideas, models and representations for fractions that support students’ understanding
- assess students’ understanding of the four operations of arithmetic by examining student work
- analyze classroom videos that illustrate student thinking, pedagogy, and assessment
- read articles about teaching and learning mathematics
- learn with and from fellow participants
Who Should Attend
K-5 teachers, coaches, and other support staff implementing Investigations 3 for the first time will benefit from this course, as would people who have some experience with Investigations and want to learn more about the content of Investigations 3.
Tuition is $500 per participant. Register 9 participants to receive a tenth spot free.
Participants receive a Certificate of Completion indicating the course clock hours (40) when they complete the course.
Participants can apply for 3 graduate credits through Framingham State University, for an additional fee of $225 paid to FSU. Information and applications are available from the course facilitator on the first week of the course.
Click here to register for this workshop.
Substitutions may be made up to the first day of the offering. Cancellations may be made 21 days prior to the first day of the offering in writing without penalty. Cancellations made less than 21 days prior to the first day of the offering will result in a $100 cancellation fee. Any participant who does not attend the offering but has not notified TERC with a written notice of cancellation forfeits the entire registration fee. TERC reserves the right to cancel an offering if enrollment is insufficient. In that event a full refund of the registration will be made to the participant.
Contact Us to learn more, for information on hosting a workshop, or to have a conversation about which offering might be best given your particular situation/needs.