Supporting Math Learning
About This Course
The Supporting Math Learning online course focuses on the role teachers have in supporting the range of learners in their K-5 classrooms as they learn math. This seven-week course supports educators seeking ways to ensure that all students learn math. Participants will explore how math instruction can be structured so student’s thinking and learning are visible - in print and verbally; students regularly share, compare and make connections to others’ learning, and mistakes and productive struggle are considered key to learning.
- explore ways to set the classroom community for math learning
- focus on ways to enact the CCSS Mathematical Practices to ensure that students become mathematically proficient
- analyze instructional moves that are productive and get at student thinking through classroom videos, readings and interactive demonstrations exemplifying the Mathematical Practices
- examine ways to use assessment to guide instruction and learning
- engage in mathematics
- study questioning that extends, deepens, and invites math reasoning
Tuition fee is $500 per participant. Register 9 participants to receive a tenth spot free.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion indicating the course clock hours (40) when they complete the course.
Participants can apply for 3 graduate credits for a fee of $225 through Framingham State University. Information and applications are available from the course facilitator on the first week of the course. For more information about credit, visit the Graduate Credit page.
Click here to register for this workshop.
Cancellation/Substitution Policy:Once accepted, cancelled registrations result in a fee of $100. Substitutions may be made up to the first day. Any participant who does not attend the course, but did not provide TERC with written notice of cancellation at least 24 hours prior to the first day forfeits the entire registration fee.
TERC reserves the right to cancel the course if enrollment is insufficient. In that event, full refund of the registration fee will be made.